And it finally looks like Fall here in my neck of the woods! We woke up to this eerie, Halloween-y fog and it feels SO good!
Fall is certainly the coolest season in the year: the turning foliage, the crisp air… apple cider… and PUMPKINS!
Yes! I am a pumpkin freak! And I just can’t stop making them! I think the ones I’m about to show you are the CUTTEST YET!
Here are my SIX WICKED LITTLE PUMPKINS!
- A Pencil
- An Eraser
- Six 3.5″ Craft Pumpkins (I bought mine at Dollar Tree and Home Goods, and they vary from 2″ to 3’5″)
- Satin Paint in White
- Americana Decor Maxx Gloss 8 oz. White China Paint
- Americana Maxx Gloss 8oz Patent Leather Paint
- Craftsmart Multi-brush Set
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Liquid Gilding
- CraftSmart BLACK Paint Pen
- CrasftSmart Extra Fine Tip Multi-Surface Premium Paint Pen in GOLD
- CraftSmart Extra Fine Tip Multi-Surface Premium Paint Pen in WHITE
- Gold Adhesive Letters or if have a Cricut, you can make your own letters like I did!
LET’S MAKE THIS!
First, let’s prep all the pumpkins following these steps:
1. Prime all the pumpkins using Satin White Paint (including stems). I did 2 coats, waiting 20 minutes between coats
2. After they’re dry, paint all the pumpkins using the Maxx Gloss White Paint. You’ll need two coats (wait 15 minutes between coats)
From this moment on, all your pumpkins are ready to be jazzed up!
NOW, LET’S WORK ON THE DESIGNS!
All you have to do is paint the stem with the Gold Gilding Paint and that’s it! Ready!
a) Cover the pumpkin with a coat of the Maxx Gloss Black Paint. After 15 minutes, give it another coat
c) Paint the stem with the Gold Gilding Paint. BOOM! Ready! Guys, look at this sheen! It looks like ceramic, but it’s inexpensive and featherweight styrofoam!!! ❤
I have a very detailed tutorial HERE
a) The principle is to follow the Harlequin Pumpkin tutorial but to draw squares, instead of diamonds!
This is my favorite one! The squares give it SO MUCH dimension! ❤
Isn’t it just adorable?!?!
I also have a very detailed tutorial HERE
a) Use both the black and the gold paint pen to draw the polka dots.
b) If the dots don’t look “all that great”, you can fix it with the white paint pen 😀
c) Paint the stem gold!
And your pumpkins are ready to go!!! (SERIOUSLY CRUSHING RIGHT NOW!) ❤
NOW THAT YOUR SIX PUMPKINS ARE READY, LET’S WORK ON THE LETTERING (MY FAVE PART!) ❤
I chose the word W-I-C-K-E-D – hence six pumpkins, but you can choose whatever word you find suitable like EEK! or BEWARE!
I’m gonna show you how I did mine, using my Cricut (seriously the BEST investment of my DIYer’s life!), but you can also use Decals or Gold Letter Stickers
1. Open the DESIGN SPACE and build your design: Choose the font (many are free of charge – Design Space uses your computer fonts); you can also choose font size and color, you can draw, paint, do whatever your crafter’s heart desires!
2) Choose your material (I chose self-adhesive gold foil)
3) Follow the instructions and watch this wonderful machine work! (IF YOU WANT ME TO POST HOW TO USE CRICUT IN DETAIL, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW! 😉
4) Detach the letters and apply them to the pumpkins one by one:
5) And your pumpkin patch is ready!!!
Now, all you have to do is style them and wait for the compliments! 😀
DO YOU DIE?!?! ❤
If you like it, come back tomorrow when I’ll show you how to put together a “MANTEL” (that’s not really a mantel) ;D